2017 SELLER MOVE IN AND SET UP TIMES
Friday, July 8 Saturday, July 9
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm 7:30 am to 9:00 am
*** TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE **
*** SELLERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING THEIR OWN CARTS AND DOLLIES TO MOVE IN TO THE ARMORY!”
9:00 am to 1:30 pm
9:00 am Convention Attendee
10: 30 am Open to the Public – Free
Concessions by Goodhue County Historical Society
7:30am – 1:30 pm
Location: Red Wing National Guard Armory
855 E 7th St
Red Wing MN
ALL SELLERS MUST PICK UP THEIR BADGE AT THE COLLEGE BEFORE MOVING IN ON FRIDAY, REGISTRATION WILL OPEN AT THE ARMORY AT 7:30 AM FOR BADGE PICK UP.
*****ALL SELLERS MUST PROVIDE A NEW ST-19 FORM FOR THE 2017 SHOW & SALE
ARMORY PARKING SHUTTLE
Saturday, July 8
7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Concessions at Show and Sale by Goodhue County Historical Society 7:30am – 1:30pm. The volunteers and staff of the History Center take over with food service during the Saturday Show & Sale. They serve a wide variety of snacks, beverages, and other breakfast and lunch items. The food booth will be located in the Red Wing National Guard Armory.
Volunteers are Needed!
Show and Sale – There are volunteer opportunities on both Friday and Saturday morning.
All volunteers will receive a seller badge!
Sales Taxes Numbers and other information
ALL SELLERS need to provide their sales tax number using the MN ST-19 form for the 2017 Show and Sale. The state of MN does have an occasional sales exemption option for one day events like our Show and Sale. See the page 3 excerpt from the MN Sales Use and Tax Instruction Booklet below to see if you qualify.
Qualified occasional sellers must provide the RWCS a letter with your name, address, phone, and statement as outlined below.
SELLERS SPACE TYPE
- $45 each – they include 2 1/2′ X 8′ table and one chair
- $35 each – they include 2 1/2′ X 8′ table and one chair
- Single Booth – 10 ft Wide X 8ft Deep $75
YES, each booth space can request ONE table and ONE chair.
Additional tables can be ordered for $15 each or sellers can bring their own.
Can sellers request specific locations on the Show & Sale floor?
Sellers Tables will be sold on on first come first serve basis. A proposed floor plan is included with the contract and posted here but the RWCS reserves the right to re-arrange the floor layout to increase the number of available spaces. Every attempt will be made to try and maintain Seller requested neighbor sellers.
Can sellers request to be near or away from another seller?
Yes, there is a space on the contract to indicate what exhibitors you would like to be near to or away from. The Executive Director will use this as a guideline for your table location at the 2017 Show and Sale. The RWCS reserves the right to re-arrange the floor layout to increase the number of available spaces. Every attempt will be made to try and maintain Seller requested locations as close as possible to their requested neighbor.
Where are the Booth Spaces located on the floor plan?
Booth Spaces will be arranged near the roll up door of the Armory.
2017 Crock Hunt Form drop off
Don’t forget to turn in your Crock Hunt Form!The locations are at Red Wing restaurants, stores, and other businesses. Match the photos in the form with the business, get it signed at the location, and bring it to Show & Sale Saturday. Win membership and the 2017 commemorative! The Crock Hunt runs Monday – Saturday of Convention week. The public is welcome to join in the fun as well!
TYPES OF SELLERS
Items for sale must be 60% American-made antique pottery or related to the City of Red Wing or pottery collecting. The remaining 40% must consist of good quality antique items, or furniture made prior to 1970. The exhibitor agrees not to misrepresent any merchandise or to use the name of Red Wing Collectors Society on any items not produced by RWCS. Stoneware or pottery that has been repaired, restored, is a known fake, or is damaged, is to be labeled as such in compliance with RWCS requirements.
Are there any rules regarding percentages of for Souvenir sellers?
YES, Items for sale must be 75% souvenirs or reproductions related to American- made antique pottery, the City of Red Wing or pottery. The remaining 25% of items may consist of quality antiques, American-made pottery, or other items related to pottery collecting or period collectibles. The exhibitor agrees not to misrepresent any merchandise or to use the name of Red Wing Collectors Society on any items not produced by RWCS.
Is there another location for Educational Materials?
YES, educational material seller can opt to selling in the Minnesota State College Southeast Student Commons area, Thursday and Friday ONLY from 9:00am – 2:00pm.
What is considered educational materials?
Items for sale must be educational and no souvenirs! No pottery, stoneware, or souvenir items may be sold. Examples include: History of Red Wing, Goodhue County and the Potteries, books about pottery, catalogs, reprints of original literature and documents, written scholarly research, photos, price guides, magazine articles about pottery, etc.
What are the set up times for the Educational Material Sellers on Thursday and Friday?
All items must be sold only from the seller’s table. Set up by 9 a.m. and arrange to have a seller at the table during selling times. There is no selling during the Annual Business Meeting. You have the option of selling on both days or Friday only.
GUIDELINES FOR SELLERS
- You are allowed two helpers that must be members and registered for Convention to assist you with set up and tear down.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited.
- No packing up is permitted until the show closes.
About the RWCS Show and Sales